One of our wedding gifts, way back when we got married in 2008, was a most excellent spice set. It has been a staple in our kitchen our whole married life; and it's had a lot of use, and was beginning to show some wear. So, when we moved (and the sweet sweet wall-mounted spice rack that belonged to our landlord didn't come with us), I decided to overhaul the whole system.
Thanks to Pinterest, I had lots of inspiration. Since I didn't want to waste precious wall space re-creating the sweet sweet spice rack from our old place, I decided that some magnetic tins on the side of the fridge would be the perfect solution.
I picked up a set of 24 tins on Amazon, and painted the tops with some chalkboard paint. (I originally had intended to use some left over from a previous project but I seriously opened *EVERY* box in our house and still couldn't find it). Thank goodness for stores that sell paint!
Then, I stuck some magnetic strips on the back of the tins, wrote the names of my most-used spices on the tins and Boom! That box full of spices, that's been sitting on my kitchen counter for the last month, can go away!
Also, my fridge looks fabulous:
4 comments:
What a remarkable idea!
Thanks! I'm loving it :)
That's pretty cool! I've thought about doing something similar, but my fridge isn't going to be that empty of artwork for a looooong time.
Hehe.. artwork makes fridges fabulous too!
Post a Comment