Monday, November 19, 2012

Nighttime A Capella

Turns out that motherhood, while really nice in many ways, is not synonymous with sleeping. I find that Townshend and I regularly see many hours I've not been so well acquainted with since I was in college. Though, on the up side, to make up for the lack of nighttime sleep, my working from home allows me to get more naps than a kindergartner. So we do ok.

One thing I have noticed about my little son is that he is already a fan of music. If he's upset, nothing calms him down as well as someone singing to him (especially his daddy). So, I've taken to singing lullabies to him in the middle of the night to encourage him to go back to sleep. And, in those times when I'm too sleepy to sing to him, I'll play him some soothing tunes and sometimes go on YouTube to find new ones. That is how I stumbled onto this sweet song sung by an A Capella group:


Sweet.

2 comments:

Ritsumei said...

Ahhh... the joys of night time parenting! This is some very lovely music you've found though. That'd be worth looking to see if those guys have another video or two. They're good.

misskate said...

They do! The group is called Cantus and they have a pretty wide selection of tunes. It makes for some pretty fun nighttime research :)