Monday, October 25, 2010

Experimentation

So, I've been gushing about cakepops and hinting at Halloween preparations for some time and now Halloween is practically upon us!

Last year, things were very rushed and last minute, but this year I did better. With all that's been going on this October, I had to plan things out a little more carefully than is typical for me; break things down by weekends. But, it's all coming together and I think we're on course and are much closer to ready for the festivities than we were at this time last year.

Lots of things have been brewing over here, but I think the one I'm most excited about has been the skewered eyeballs.

Last year I did the eyeballs on forks, but with donut holes:

This year they were cakepops:


Man! Making smooth cakepops is tougher than it looks! I think higher quality chocolate/confectioner's candies are in order.. that'd make for better melting consistency and the dipping would probably go more smoothly then.


Still, pretty awesome all the same!

3 comments:

Zac said...

Looking forward to the party! I never thought I'd say this, but the eyeballs look delicious.

misskate said...

Haha! Yeah, that's not something one expects to say when they wake up in the morning :)
I'm looking forward to the party too!

Jen said...

Love it!