Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Delicious Deliciousness!

My Hubby and I have widely differing tastes in different nationalities' foods; I like Chinese, Thai and Indian.. he's more a fan of Italian and Mediterranean.

However, tonight I subjected my husband to some exotic cuisine for dinner. I've been wanting some Indian food for some time (specifically Chicken Tikka Masala), but haven't actually gotten myself to an Indian restaurant. So instead I made some myself. I visited this fabulous site that has pretty much every recipe you could want and they had one that turned out to be a good one.

Chicken Tikka Masala, with some rice and flatbread

I thought it turned out really well! It was delicious; definitely hit the spot for me and I have more for lunch tomorrow! Yay!!

As for my dearest husband, wonderful guy that he is, he was kind enough to humor me and bravely had a good-sized helping at dinner. And, as always with a new recipe, I asked him what he thought. I expected a sort of good-natured platitude, but (true to form) his response defied expectation. While he agreed that it was pretty much ok in general, he quizzically asked, "Why does this need to exist??"

Ah, my husband.. always finding new ways to make me laugh :)

2 comments:

Zac said...

It needs to exist because hamburgers haven't caught on in Mumbai and Bangalore.

misskate said...

Hahaha.. YES!