So, I follow bunches of blogs with ideas for activities with little ones. I kept seeing all sorts of fun ideas for painting, and then (on Pinterest) I found this cute project for Grandparent's day and decided it needed to happen! But as the mailing deadline approached, I kept coming home without the paints, so I decided to take matters into my own hands and just make some.
It was actually much easier than I thought, so it wasn't too long before I had some colors. Oringially, I had thought to make red, yellow and blue. However, the day I was making them, I discovered that I didn't have any red food coloring on-hand so I went with some yellow, green and blue. Mixed things up and then we were ready to go!
With these beautiful results:
Townshend is the kind of kid who's not a fan of getting *things* on his fingers. so he was ok painting until he dropped his brushes in the paint and got it all over his hands. Then he was ready to move past the brushes and back to his prefered medium:
Once the paint was completely dry, I used it to create some sweet snail mail for both sets of grandparents.
From all reports, they were a hit!






1 comment:
Ours looks wonderful hanging across the kitchen window. A marvelous addition to the décor!
Post a Comment