So, way back in April, a good friend of mine invited me to go to a piano concert with her. Though I'd never heard of the artists who'd be playing, my friend recommended them highly. A YouTube search pulled up several of their songs, tickets were a good price and so I thought, why not?
This was going to be an evening concert, about an hour away from home, so I'd be gone for Townshend's bedtime hour. Not a huge deal, Hubby is a great daddy and more than competent.. but Townshend still isn't interested in bottles and barely drinks from sippy cups, so bedtime without milk was likely not going to be a popular idea with him. Still, back in April, I told myself there'd be plenty of time to get him drinking from a cup. Townshend had other ideas.
 |
| playing the first set |
As the night of the concert drew nearer, I got more nervous 'cuz Townshend was still
so not into drinking from anything plastic. I felt a little bad knowing Hubby would be having a rough night while I was off playing, but Hubby was supportive and encouraging and the tickets were purchased, so it was on. Besides, it's good to get out and recharge your batteries; gotta take care of me so I can come back and better be able to take care of things at home. So, I went.
 |
| playing the second set |
It was a really fun evening. My friend and I stopped at this great little Mexican restaurant before the show and were tickled to discover there'd be live music to accompany our dinner. Then, the concert was great fun. The music wasn't exactly what I typically listen to, but the performers were lively and greatly entertaining and I enjoyed hearing their music; it was a really nice time. My favorites were
this one (though the piano at our concert was
WAY better) and
this one.
 |
| playing an improv duet |
And, when I got home, Hubby had successfully gotten the baby to sleep (he's got a magic touch and excellent music selecting skills). So, I'd say that my first evening away went well!
me, Scott D. Davis and my friend with the grand idea that started it all!
And, after having listened to all that piano music, a couple nights later, I was feeling inspired and sat down to revisit this one choral piece I've been composing. I've had the vocal lines finished for a while, but I'd gotten stuck on the piano accompaniment. That night I sat down, I sketched out nearly all of the piano line. It still needs a little fine-tuning but it was so exciting to see it start coming together!
Clearly, this just means I need to go out more often!
1 comment:
Clearly! I would love to hear some of it the next time we are there. :)
Post a Comment