Wednesday, December 10, 2008

WE GOT MARRIED!!

Here it is, ladies and gentleman. The LONG awaited post with wedding pictures to prove that yes indeed, we got married!! However, there's just SO MANY PICTURES that rather than burn your eyes with a ridiculously enormous post, I'm going to break it down into a few.
Here's installment #1:

Pre-Stuff
November 5, 2008

The day before getting married, my younger sister (one of my bridesmaids) flew into town a little earlier than the rest of the bunch, and we spent the evening doing very girly things. It was wonderful!
Luxuriating in the lavishness of the nail salonA very delicate (and uncharacteristic) shade of pink
Your turn!
Hers had bright pink tips.. ever so much more adventurous than me!
More lounging about, waiting for the polish to dry
Yay manicures!!
The Wedding
November 6, 2008

The next morning things were all sorts of whirl-windy; lots of rushing from here to there and back again getting the final preparations in place for the wedding. Happily, everything came together and soon we were gathered at the temple where the love of my life and I were sealed; bound to one another as husband and wife for all time and eternity :) Yippee and Hooray!!!! It was a really great moment. We were (and are) so exceptionally happy.

Chicago Temple of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
The grounds are very beautiful.. it's a shame it was raining and we couldn't take more pictures outside... but rain is good luck, right??

The skies looked foreboding as we went inside for the ceremony, but the clouds broke right as things were finishing up, so most of the pictures were taken under the awnings right outside the entrance to the temple. Still, there were definitely pictures taken aplenty.. so many pictures. It has been estimated that, on average, through multiple photographers, there were as many as 12 pictures a second taken throughout the various wedding events. Yes, very well documented indeed :)
But it being overcast made for great pictures; cloudiness brings out the wonderful fall colors and makes them all the more vibrant. So, rain or not, there were some really wonderful pictures from after the ceremony.

After all that excitement, we retired to a restaurant, nice and warm, for a tasty luncheon.

6 comments:

Jessica said...

You went to Egea?!! I love them and I miss them. I really miss them. Especially Kinga, she is amazing. Oh, yay for the marriage too :).

misskate said...

Yeah, it was a great place! I sorta wish I'd gone there more while I lived nearby.

Ritsumei said...

Wow. 12 a second. You must have a mother-load of pictures. I am, indeed impressed. We estimated that there were more than 1000 pictures taken at our wedding (neither one of us remembers exactly any more) but, the event in question being prior to when digital cameras made paparazzi out of friends and family, I think that you guys Blew.Us.Away in terms of total number of pictures taken. That's amazing. I'll bet, what with there being so very many pictures, there are some really outstanding ones in there. I'm looking forward to seeing the professional photographer's work. He acted like he knew what he was doing.

misskate said...

Yes.. "a mother-load" is probably very accurate. (thus the month long delay in getting this all put up) I had to sort through all those and pick whatever ones would be published! Even my online album
(http://misskate211.winkflash.com) doesn't have EVERY everything.. just the good ones :) SOOOO MANY PICTURES! It's good though, now I am starting to plot about how I want the scrapbooked album to look.....

Ritsumei said...

Come to my house. I have TOYS. I just got some new ones... and I'm SO in the mood for a scrapbooking party.

misskate said...

Mmmmm... scrapbooking parties with new toys. That sounds like tons of fun!!