In our current place, we don't have a lot of windows with good light. That hasn't helped my poor plants and several months ago I lost my last plant in a terrific smashy mess when it fell off the shelf. At that point in time, I decided I'd just go without. Going without plants went on for a couple months but finally I decided that I'd try some artificial plants - those I can't kill!
However, I've always liked the string of pearl plants. My grandma always had one in her kitchen window and that's been a fond memory for me. Recently, I've been thinking that maybe I'd try my hand again with live plants and what better to start with than those string of pearls? (plus, they're supposed to be fairly hardy...)
In my wanderings around Chicago, I've been keeping my eyes open for a place that'd be selling my little plant but I've not had much luck. I did look up, online, a gardening store near me, but it's been so cold I've not been able to get up the momentum to get there. Then, over Christmas, while I was up in Wisconsin, my mom and I went out to the local plant store and we got lucky! They had a string of pearls and I took it home.
Hopefully this kitchen window of mine has enough light to keep it alive! Wish me luck!!
5 comments:
Good luck, little plant! I'm loving it, and feeling like I want to try again with one of those little guys. When I was trying to keep the last couple bits of Grandma's plant alive I did some reading, and it's *supposed* to be a pretty forgiving plant. Here's to hoping yours makes it!
Hey, how's your pearls?
It's doing ok.... I'm a little nervous that parts are starting to look less than healthy. Hopefully it's not lack of sunshine! *fingers crossed*
Just wondering how your plant is doing. I hope that it has established itself well. :)
Well, I did move it to a more sunny spot.. and it's not dead... but I'm not sure it's doing well
Post a Comment