Friday, November 4, 2011

Prolonged Autumn...

I love city living, but I don't love city driving. In fact, I like to avoid driving as often as possible, so I ride the train a lot. I like to tell myself this is to help decrease my carbon footprint and to be nicer to Mother Nature, but mostly, it's just 'cuz I don't have the patience to deal with traffic.

Really though, taking the train is a win-win, for me. It gets me out and moving (which is extra nice since I'm not working downtown anymore) but what I like best is that, while I'm out and about, I get to see the city from many different angles.

The last couple weeks it seems like I've been riding around on the train more frequently, in my day to day business, for this and that. It struck me today, walking home from the train, that we are in November now, and it's still acting like Autumn. I've always loved the Fall, but normally it's here and gone in 2 weeks.. We've been having cooler temperatures, yes, but this may be the longest Fall season that I remember having. I love it!

I recognize that the Midwest likes to average out its temperatures (meaning that we'll probably have a brutal winter) but these gorgeous blue skies and colorful leaves make it all seem worth it!

No comments: