Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Deadlines!!

I realized the other day that there is a Variety Show coming up in May; that isn't very far in the future. That Variety Show would be a most excellent place for me to debut this painting I've been working on for Foooorreeeeeeever. Realizing that gives me a concrete deadline and that gives me lots of motivation to work! (i know.. gotta work on that motivation stuff)

I'm a little behind on my updates for this blog so here is the second-to-most-recent view of the painting:(and just to get an idea for scale, that pad of paper is 8x11)

Since then, I've been doing some research and I think I know what is needed to make the clouds look like clouds and not just blobs of swirling whiteness. Having just recently discovered this, yesterday I ran right out and got more paint ('cuz i was all out of white from the previous layer of clouds). And here is the most recent update on the painting:

It's still a work in progress.. I like that the gray has given shape and dimension to the clouds.... but it still needs a fair amount of tweaking. However, these being oils, I'm going to have to wait a little bit for them to dry just a tad before going back in and playing some more.

One of these days I'm going to have to name it.... maybe Connection..

6 comments:

Jen said...

Lookin' good!

Anne Chovies said...

The difference between the two latest pictures is amazing, even in the photographs! i can't wait to see it in real life again. It's coming along very nicely.

Ritsumei said...

Wow - You said it's as big as your table, but I didn't realize that it's as big as your table until you stuck that pad of paper in there for some sense of scale! Looking good. You still looking for a home for that thing or did you decide to keep it? What's this beauty's end fate?

misskate said...

i'm not sure what i'm going to do with this thing. at first i thought i might sell it.... but now, i'm sort of thinking i'd rather not do that, i'm actually starting to like it. Heh. Why, you interested in a new wall hanging?

Ashley said...

I'm always quite impressed with people who can do things I simply can't-it looks fabumous (yes, that's even better than "fabuLous) Darling!

Ritsumei said...

possibly... we've got very limited wall space, but that's looking pretty cool!