A couple weekends ago, I removed the frame and then painted the entire thing white, and tonight I began to add color. I'm attempting to paint with oils. Yes, very ambitious you say. Well, I do have some experience with oils, but this is a very large project I've taken on. This thing takes up my entire table. It is now, officially, an easel. My little apartment is going to smell of oil paint for a long, long time. Also, I have come to the realization that I am going to need more paint; lots of it. Tonight I used up most of my blue and a good portion of my white. And that's just for the base color of the sky! Hey, but it's a great excuse to get fresh paint. Who doesn't love going to art store with intent to buy?
Observe my progress:
Stay tuned!
2 comments:
Looking good so far! :) Thanks for sending the link to your blog. I'll be sure to check it out often!
looks like fun! You'll have to keep us updated - maybe even post a tutorial at some point ;D
Post a Comment